About Coogee Sports & Remedial Massage
‘Pain doesn’t just show up in our lives for no reason.
It’s a sign that something in our lives needs to be changed.’
~ Mandy Hale
At Coogee Sports & Remedial Massage our focus is on enhancing your sporting performance and injury prevention as well as treating pain and injury for clients from both professional and recreational sporting backgrounds through the use of Remedial Massage.
Are you tired of repeatedly visiting random practitioners where a great massage is hit or miss?
Then when you finally find a great therapist and attempt to book a repeat appointment you discover they have moved on?
At Coogee Sports & Remedial Massage we aim to provide consistently great massage all of the time, regardless of who you see.
My name is Melissa Thornton and I am a fully qualified health therapist in a variety of fields. I possess nearly 20 years of experience across a range of modalities within the health industry.
For some time now, my mission has been to create a clinic that would provide a win-win situation for all. I have recognised a need to create an environment where therapists can enjoy each and every working day because they are in a friendly, supportive and professional practice. For clients, a place where client centred treatment is key.
This mission includes:
- The creation of a clinic where clients can attend during the days and hours that suit their increasingly busy lifestyle. A place where the massage is consistently outstanding and primary complaints are treated and resolved in a timely fashion.
- Offering therapists a professional working environment where each day they can focus on making a positive and sustainable difference to their client’s lives.
- The security of knowing that each time a client attends the clinic they will be treated by a qualified professional who leaves them feeling rejuvenated and motivated while being able to claim immediately on their health fund after the session.
Melissa Thornton – Proprietor of Coogee Sports & Remedial Massage
Benefits Of Remedial Massage
- Injury prevention
- Enhanced performance
- Treatment of pain and injuries
- Greater mobility
- Enhanced flexibility
- Muscle relaxation
- Greater blood circulation
- Lymphatic drainage
- Enhanced well-being
What To Expect
Clients are individually assessed at the beginning of each appointment and treatment is adapted and modified according to the individual’s needs and responses. Each appointment lasts for 1 hour. If you would like a longer appointment, please email or call to arrange.
What Is Remedial Massage?
Remedial Massage is a therapy that incorporates various massage and stretching techniques in order to reduce or stop pain, accelerate recovery time by improving circulation to an injured area, aid in lymphatic drainage which assists to remove toxins from the body and enhance mobility and flexibility.
Who Is Remedial Massage For?
- Professional and recreational sports people
- Those suffering from pain and injuries or recovering post surgery
- Office workers suffering neck, back, shoulder pain, headaches and migraines
- Individuals who feel tense, stressed and tired
- Anyone wishing to maintain good health
Pricing & Health Funds
Sessions are scheduled for 1 hour at $120. If you would like a longer appointment, please email or call to arrange.
Health Fund Information
Health Fund Claims are completed on the spot using HICAPS (Health Industry Claims and Payments Service). HICAPS is Australia’s leading electronic claims & payments system, which offers patients the convenience of automatic claims processing on the spot, in the practice.
HICAPS ensures that your health fund member card is processed immediately after your treatment and the remaining gap will be dependent on your selected cover.
Payment Methods: We have EFTPOS facilities only. Sorry, no cash payments.
Gift Vouchers Available To arrange please email us
Every 5th treatment you receive entitles you to a 50% discount.
Refer a friend who receives a treatment and this will count towards your loyalty total.
Would you like to join our team at Coogee Sports & Remedial Massage?
Here at Coogee Sports & Remedial Massage we are always looking for highly motivated, friendly and experienced remedial massage therapists with a ‘can do’ attitude to join our fantastic team. Hours are flexible, however reliability is essential. Practitioners will be offered an attractive commission and bonus opportunity.
To qualify you will need a Diploma of Remedial Massage, provider status with all Health Funds, Professional Indemnity Insurance, Current First Aid Certificate and Association Membership.
If you have a passion to improve the well-being of others and seek a rewarding role with a supportive team, please send your résumé and a brief cover letter outlining:
- What you would bring to the clinic environment?
- What makes your massage great?
CONVENIENT ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM
We are open 7 days a week until late
all year except Christmas Day and New Years Day
Treatments By Appointment Only
Phone reception service hours are 8.30am to 7pm (AEST) Monday to Friday and closed on public holidays
Coogee Sports & Remedial Massage is located at:
Suite 2, Level 1
202 Coogee Bay Road
COOGEE NSW 2034
Ph: 02 8959 0027
Suite 2, Level 1
202 Coogee Bay Rd
COOGEE NSW 2034