Why Choose Coogee Sports & Remedial Massage?
We are specialists in treating clients from both recreational and professional sporting backgrounds
through the use of Remedial and Sports Massage.
Our primary focus is on treating your pain, injury or tension
and thereby enhancing your health and sporting performance.
We have extremely high standards in both customer service and massage.
Our aim is to provide consistently great massage all of the time, regardless of who you see.
‘Pain doesn’t just show up in our lives for no reason.
It’s a sign that something in our lives needs to be changed.’
~ Mandy Hale
About Coogee Sports & Remedial Massage
My name is Melissa Thornton and I am a fully qualified health therapist in a variety of fields. I possess nearly 20 years of experience across a range of modalities within the health industry.
For some time now, my mission has been to create a clinic that would provide a win-win situation for all. I have recognised a need to create an environment where therapists can enjoy each and every working day because they are in a friendly, supportive and professional practice. For clients, a place where client centred treatment is key.
This mission includes:
- The creation of a clinic where clients can attend during the days and hours that suit their increasingly busy lifestyle. A place where the massage is consistently outstanding and primary complaints are treated and resolved in a timely fashion.
- Offering therapists a professional working environment where each day they can focus on making a positive and sustainable difference to their client’s lives.
- The security of knowing that each time a client attends the clinic they will be treated by a qualified professional who leaves them feeling rejuvenated and motivated while being able to claim immediately on their health fund after the session.
Melissa Thornton – Proprietor of Coogee Sports & Remedial Massage
Remedial & Sports Massage
How would you like to:
- Reduce or stop pain?
- Accelerate recovery time by improving circulation to an injured area?
- Aid in lymphatic drainage which assists to remove toxins from the body?
- Enhance mobility, flexibility and relaxation?
Then why not try Remedial & Sports Massage?
What is Remedial & Sports Massage?
Remedial Massage is a therapy that incorporates various massage and stretching techniques in order to reduce or stop pain, accelerate recovery time by improving circulation to an injured area, aid in lymphatic drainage which assists to remove toxins from the body and enhance mobility and flexibility. Sports Massage is a more vigorous form of Remedial Massage. The techniques and pressure are adapted according to where someone is in their training program.
Who is Remedial or Sports Massage for?
- Recreational and professional sports people
- Those suffering from pain and injuries or recovering post surgery
- Office workers suffering neck, back, shoulder pain, headaches and migraines
- Individuals who feel tense, stressed and tired
- Anyone wishing to maintain good health
Benefits of Remedial & Sports Massage
- Injury prevention
- Enhanced performance
- Treatment of pain and injuries
- Greater mobility
- Enhanced flexibility
- Muscle relaxation
- Greater blood circulation
- Lymphatic drainage
- Enhanced well-being
What to Expect
Clients are individually assessed at the beginning of each appointment and treatment is adapted and modified according to the individual’s needs and responses. Each appointment lasts for 1 hour. If you would like a longer appointment, please email or call to arrange.
Pricing & Health Funds
Sessions are scheduled for 1 hour at $120. If you would like a longer appointment, please email or call to arrange.
Health Fund Information
Health Fund Claims are completed on the spot using HICAPS (Health Industry Claims and Payments Service). HICAPS is Australia’s leading electronic claims & payments system.
HICAPS ensures that your health fund member card is processed immediately after your treatment in the clinic, with only the gap to pay. The remaining gap will be dependent on your selected cover.
Payment Methods: We have EFTPOS facilities only. Sorry, no cash payments.
Gift Vouchers Available To arrange please email us
Every 5th treatment you receive entitles you to a 50% discount!
Refer a friend who receives a treatment and this will count towards your loyalty total!
Book Online Today!
Open 7 Days a Week
Monday to Friday – 10am to 9pm
Saturday & Sunday – 8am to 6pm
Closed on Anzac Day, Christmas Day & New Years Day
Coogee Sports & Remedial Massage
Suite 2, Level 1
202 Coogee Bay Road
Coogee NSW 2034
Ph: 02 8959 0027
Suite 2, Level 1, 202 Coogee Bay Road
Coogee NSW 2034
ABN: 41 608 820 266
ACN: 608 820 266